Monday, November 1, 2010

Celebrating Something

I made a batch of Celebration Ale this weekend. I always make a batch of beer when one of my younguns is soon to have a baby. Recent batches have included Wait for Nate (which surprisingly turned into Ain't Nate) and Hey Jude Celebration Ale. Since I don't have the predetermined name of the baby yet, I can't name the beer. For now I'll just name it Yummy Beer. It's a perennial favorite that I make every year for the Holidays. This beer will also be ready in time for Dr. Beyer's arrival. The OG came in at 1.056 (a bit disappointing), but I'm hoping for good attenuation which may drive the final gravity to lower than expected levels and yield a bit more alcohol kick. I couldn't find any Safale US-05 yeast locally, so I went with a double pitch of Nottingham Ale Yeast. If you don't try different things, you'll never try different things, correct?
So stay tuned for details on the outcome. The beer and the baby...

No comments: